This has been one of the strangest trips I have had the opportunity to make. China is politically a complicated country, and I am just barely familiar with most of the country’s history.
Also, I spend two days in Wuhan while the pandemic was developing. That generated some talk once I went back to Stockholm. Only months later, I saw the significance of the situation. I am guessing that I could have gotten the virus while in one of the many train stations in China. I felt more tired than usual and had a sore throat for half of the trip. But I am not sure. I do not know even I had the virus or not. When Europe started to worry about it, more than a month have already passed since my arrival. It did not matter anymore, as or I avoided it or I already have passed it.
And this year 2020, I am probably not travelling anywhere. Nor me, nor most people. Thanks to cheap and fast transportation the world had become a very small place until this year that it got big and farther away again.
December 2019- January 2020
- 14th, Shanghai.
- 15th, Suzhou.
- 16th, Shanghai.
- 17th, Xuzhou.
- 18th, Beijing. Forbidden City.
- 19th, Beijing. The Great Wall.
- 20th, Beijing.
- 21st, Beijing.
- 22nd, Zhengzhou. Longmen Grottoes.
- 23rd, Xi’an.
- 24th, Xi’an. Terracotta Warriors and Horses.
- 25th, Xi’an.
- 26th Chengdu.
- 27th Chengdu. Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding.
- 28th Chengdu.
- 29th Chongqing.Raffles City Chongqing.
- 30th Chongqing. Traditional neighborhood.
- 31st Chongqing. The Three Gorges Museum.
- 1st & 2nd. Wuhan during the pandemic outbreak.
- 3rd, 4th & 5th. Shanghai. The end of the trip.